How to support hottub

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianhughes

Reaction score
I have a tub, which I consider to be large, recently bought used from a neighbor. It is a hexagon about 7’ across, made of thick fiberglass/plastics I guess. It seems solid, no cracks, I would like to keep it this way.

I am intending install it above ground, to build a deck/support which sits under the rim, and lets the bottom set on the ground/sand/block.

Is this the right way to go about it, what ratio should the rim support vs the base. And, how to calc and design to meet ideal ratio?

The weight should be evenly distributed across the bottom of the hot tub.

So if I understand this right your tub is going to be sitting on the ground and your putting a raised deck around the top rim.
You support a hot tub from its base, not it's rim. I always pour a slab of concrete 6 inches thick with rebar and compacted ground. I build the raised deck so the hieght is just shy of the rim or lower depending on the clients wish.

Just remember to leave access to all components of the hot tub. you dont want to take your deck down to change a pump.

Back