How to use a HAMMER Drill

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with a corded hammer drill. A good cordless hammer drill approaches $200USD, where a good corded can be had for less than half that. I have both a corded and cordless saws-all and the only time I grab my cordless is when I don't have power handy.

Can you go to a rental yard and rent a Hilti hammer drill? My Hinti can drill thru a 4" slab in less than 15 seconds.
I never thought much of cordless tools & I don't have any, but 1 hp for 15 seconds is only 3 w-h of energy. Any old drill battery should be able to drill many of theses holes.

I never thought much of cordless tools & I don't have any, but 1 hp for 15 seconds is only 3 w-h of energy. Any old drill battery should be able to drill many of theses holes.
Cordless drills and cordless impact drivers are awesome tools. My Dewalt driver is my go to tool. If I'm doing drywall my corded drywall driver is my go-to tool, I only wish it has an autofeed for the screws. I have a Ryobi small circular saw that is pretty handy for quick cuts. One handy Amazon purchase was a Dewalt to Ryobi battery adapter. So now all the Ryobi tools I acquired over the years can run on Dewalt batteries. I gave my daughter one of my many Ryobi drills and the charger along with a new set of batteries, the adapter allowed me to do that without buying a second charger. And allows me to keep only one flavor of batteries.

My objection to these batteries [& semiconductors] is that our demand for the toxic metals that go into this is poisoning kids we don't know in foreign countries.
These kids are glad for the work, even if they find out they are being poisoned.

Nothing I can do about this, maybe no one person can.

And if we don't get these products, other countries will, & they will have a competitive advantage over us.
It is the prisoners diiemma & we can't beat it.

· · · and we march onward into the EV error era.

When the militaries of different countries give up on fossil fuel then I'll believe the world is serious about renewable stuff.

You have now been promoted to the ranks of Dangerous Women!
Pretty soon they will let you vote! :D

Good to know! I wouldn't mind the voting part if only they'd give us someone worth voting for, instead of always voting 'against' someone! I'll stick to the problems of concrete! Thanks, everyone!

Back