HRT converting to XenForo software soon

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Neal, I've tried that forum and thread both as my Admin account and as my testing registered user account. When I click on that thread, it will show as read. Then I have tested New Posts via both accounts and it does not show up for me.

That thread is the last thread created in the Garage Site, and no one has added to that thread since then. I'm not sure if that's why you're still seeing it in new threads. Have you opened it? If not, it's still new to your account.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the "mark forums read" to clean up the slate for the next time I enter the site.

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
Neal, I've tried that forum and thread both as my Admin account and as my testing registered user account. When I click on that thread, it will show as read. Then I have tested New Posts via both accounts and it does not show up for me.

That thread is the last thread created in the Garage Site, and no one has added to that thread since then. I'm not sure if that's why you're still seeing it in new threads. Have you opened it? If not, it's still new to your account.
Yes, I have opened it a few times and yes it is still coming up.

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
I have not logged out as I tagged the stay logged in., but I just checked my watched threads, the car one is the only one there and it was marked unread.
Earlier I went to watched threads and there was 380 pages, I guess everything that I ever looked at

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
The problem with a learning curve is when the curve straightens out. you only think you know it all.

Rusty

Flooring installer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Is this why I have to log in every day?

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this why I have to log in every day?
If you don't click on the tab that says "stay logged in". next to the login tab, you will have to log in every time you come over to the site. If you completely log off of your computer at night, then yes, you would need to log on the next day. I just close my laptop, putting it to sleep for the evening.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I don't log off the forum, but I do a complete shut down of my laptop when I leave for any length of time. The "stay logged in" will keep you logged in even during a complete shut down.

Latest posts