Humidity Sensing Bathroom Fans

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josnvhbs

Reaction score
Not sure which section this should really go into.

In my home, I have a large CFM bathroom hooked into a switch timer. It works well. Daughter sometimes forgets to turn it on still though. Humidity sensing bathroom fans were not available at the time.

Now, I am in the middle of purchasing a condo in which this daughter is going to live for a bit. Long hot showers. Ugh. Drives me crazy. Anyways, since I won't be around I don't trust her to turn it on all the time, or sometime when power goes out, the timers go from 30 minute setting to 5 minutes as the default.

So looking at doing humidity sensing fans.

Anyone have experience with these? Basically, do they really work and if so, what is the life expectancy. I understand there are some where you can dial in the level of humity for which it operates. 25-75% humidity.

Thoughts or experience with these? What are my options so this thin kicks on every time since I won't be around to monitor it.

Welcome.

The simple solution is to connect the fan on the light switch, lights on, fan on, lights off, fan off.

And if that's disappointing, tell her to sign her own lease, and take responsibility for herself.

Agreed.

If she is in there, she is likely showering, pooping, or spraying clouds of hairspray and perfume, all needing an exhaust fan.

But the humidity sensing fans will stay on even after a shower or bath is over, until moisture levels drop, even with the lights and fan switch off.

So basically nobody has actual experience with this type of fan. You know, what my original fricking question was.

Instead you want to pump your own personal opinion, or life lesson, for which you know nothing about.

It has been less than a day.
More responses will be coming.
Hopefully more to your liking.

I do have one client with a Panasonic moisture sensing bath fan, they had it installed by an electrician who recommended it.
Super quiet, works well, it has been there at least five years.

Back