I need to fgure out the age of a GE fridge

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
Don't ask me why but I need to figure out the age of French door fridge in the picture. Model=pfs22sisbss, serial=dm... If I read How to Determine the Age or Manufacture Date of a GE Appliance right, it was made in Feb of either 2019 or 2007. Based on what it looks like, the label or anything else you see in the pix, can you determine the year it was made? Did they make fridges like this in 2007? TIA!

PXL_20201208_182751710.jpgPXL_20201227_173643613.jpg

I believe the year of mfg. is embedded into the serial no and yes these have been around for a long time.
Sometimes I can call the mfg. and they will tell which digits indicate year of mfg.

A more straight on view of the label would be helpful. There is usually a manufacture date on the label.

Can't really tell from the picture. But yes, the manufacture date can be seen on the serial number most of the time. I ran an age check on my Panasonic AC a while back, and it's so old that I can't even find anything related to it on the web.

Back