Ice maker on my Fridge

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macandal

Reaction score
Cheers!

We own a KSCS25FVMS01 (KitchenAid) fridge. It stopped making ice like a month ago. This was not the first time it had happened. This occurred every time the "teeth" of that part came off the unit and I had to put it back in place then it would resume making ice again.

711xK6GrvCL._SL1500_.jpg

The part with what I call the "teeth."

Is there a way to know for sure if the part is still good or needs to be replaced? FYI: we have been using this fridge for about 9 years.

Also, was it normal that the bottom part (the teeth) came off every so often?

Anyway, if it needs to be replaced, I found two options on Amazon, one made by KitchenAid and one made by Whirlpool. The KitchenAid part is cheaper at $59, so, if it needs replacing, I'm thinking on going with that one.

In any case, thanks so much.

I don’t know much about icemakers but will give your thread a bump and what general advice I have.

Most of this stuff snaps together to save them a few pennies building it. it also sometimes snaps together for ease of cleaning etc. some of this stuff snaps together to provent damage if say the ice jams up. It could be normal what it is doing or the parts could not be as tight as they should be due to wear or just how they were made.

If I didn’t see any broken plastic in there I would say keep snapping it back on unless it happens every day or something.

Latest posts

Back