Identifying missing screen door parts

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnymnemonic

Reaction score
I have a screen door with a sliding track on the bottom (the rolling wheels are at the top). There is a fixed track on the floor and another track mounted on the bottom of the door itself. I remember having some extra parts there, but somehow they got detached and got lost. I need help identifying them so I can buy new ones. If at least I know names of the parts or something to start with, I can then do a better internet search. Now that the extra parts are gone, the two tracks don't fit snugly against each other. I think the extra parts are like this track fitter that sits on the bottom track but that also snugly lets the top track sit. There may have been two of them.

I've attached a picture. Note that I've intentionally reinstalled the top track facing inside-out because that restores some of the desired stability of the door until I get the missing pieces. Otherwise, the door bottom can be pushed away while trying to open the door from the inside.

Attachments

• BreW6qeWqggiDck.png
    BreW6qeWqggiDck.png
    304.8 KB · Views: 11
Can anyone tell me the names of the missing pieces? Or point me to a taxonomy of parts used in screen doors?

You can find sliding screen door parts diagrams easily on Google.
No need to be spoon fed.

Meanwhile, the bottom needs wheels, wheels are optional on top.

Many screen doors are built to be reversed top to bottom, left to right, depending on the installation.

Top wheels don’t do much, gravity takes over, but top wheels do help if the operator is impatient or hyperactive, and tries to whip the door back and forth like an idiot.

Back