I'm lookin for classes in furniture making

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxmillan

Reaction score
I've checked online for classes that will teach me furniture building basics. I cannot find any near my area of Vancouver BC.

I don't find that videos or books are that easy to understand as I am a more hands on approach type of person.

I just want to replicate some of the simpler stuff I see in stores.

If anyone can direct me to a source where a dummy like me can learn I would be grateful.

have you tried searching in YouTube for some tutorial videos?

Thanks. I will give that a go. Much prefer someone in person to teach me but I'll try with a simple project to see how adept I am.

Try goggling basic furniture building classes, Vancouver,BC and you should see several classes that are available. You might contact Graham or Daryl In Nanoose ( I think hes in Vaancouver), Graham has a sticky thread at the top, he might be able to direct you to someone in your area.

Thanks so much for the google suggestion. Found a great plan for a headboard. Didn't see any classes in my area.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a sticky thread?

Thanks so much for the google suggestion. Found a great plan for a headboard. Didn't see any classes in my area.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a sticky thread?
A sticky threadf is one that Admins or mods have "stickied" So it remains at the top of a page regardless of the last time it was posted in.

He's talking about contacting

http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f6/shortcuts-9310/

Graham is a good guy and should point you in the right direction.

Back