In Need of Stucco Advice for Exterior of Home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toicy4ya

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here. My apologies if I am not posting in the correct forum. I am currently in the process of getting my home painted. Unfortunately, the prior home owner did a horrible job patching up some of the exterior of my home. I need some advice and guidance from some of you professional stucco repair men.

Can you please take a look at the attached pics and tell me what would be involved to fix this? I would like to get this repaired before I paint the house.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.719A6542-E3C5-4A2A-9785-E05008BA537F.jpegCF229A72-AD17-4F54-BAB6-6C1EB0C639A0.jpegCF229A72-AD17-4F54-BAB6-6C1EB0C639A0.jpeg34501990-28EB-4DD7-BB3A-E3B16197C718.jpeg7AB33330-AB20-4DE5-BC75-77E2C0E99A2B.jpeg

Welcome to the forum or at least posting again. I’m not much of an expert on stucco, but you should get some better replies shortly.

It looks to me like a lot of the repairs showing is the patching material color was off. It may be far less noticeable once it is all painted the same color. Depending on where on the house it is I may leave it alone. Like a side wall or something you don’t see much.

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately it is on three sides of the house and very noticeable.

It appears, from the last photo, that your dwelling is of CMU construction; What is a Concrete Masonry Unit (CMU)? | Types of CMUs, and the stucco coating is a sprayed on application.

So, there will be a learning curve for you, should you attempt to do this yourself.

The DIY equip. is available for rent, or purchase, from a rental yard and a big-box, which is a hopper gun, with a variety of nozzles, and an air compressor.

The process I would use, is to "V" the cracks, fill with a floatable/workable masonry caulk and then apply the finish.

Back