In-wall Timer for LED bulbs

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccpyue

Reaction score
've an In-wall 110V timer used to control 6 out-door halogen bulbs each of 35W. I recently changed all bulbs to LED which is only 3W each. Then the In-wall timer won't turn off the lights at set time. I called up the mfg, they said my LED bulbs won't have sufficient load to make the timer work, and told me to buy another type In-wall timer which cost $60-. I don't want to spend that $60- to replace the one year new timer , can I add loading to the timer to make it work. Such as by simply add a resistant to the power line before going in to the In-wall timer? or is there any other way to solve this problem? Thank you.

Put one of the old bulbs back.

[FONT=&quot]how did you solve this OP? I kinda have the same problem too…[/FONT]

I guess simple minds can think alike too. I just plugged one of these between the outlet and the timer, transformer on a plug in unit.

xmas photocell.jpg

That is exactly the problem I just solved with a homeowner who had improperly installed his pedstal lights. The bulbs were 120VAC and the current was 12VDC. Putting a MECHANICAL timer on the AC supply side fixed his ON-OFF issues.

:D

Back