Indoor Hot tub

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbardd98

Reaction score
I broke my back and want to put my portable hot tub inside my family room. The hot tub is 7' x 7'

does anyone here know how I can do this?
I know ventilation is an issues. I was hoping a horizontal window fan would work?
Do I need any special paint for the walls?

any help would be appreciated.
Dbradd98

Unless the floor was designed to hold that much weight, having it inside may not be the best plan.

You will need more than a window fan. There are fans made for this. Some paints do have vapour barrier qualities but as Joe points out if you have a wood floor that will be the biggest problem.

I can speak from experience that adding an indoor hot tub is a tricky situation

you should check your paint out. It could cause mold unless you have excellent ventilation.

make sure the surface is clean before painting it, use semi gloss not water based of course,

Down in the basement you should be very careful about ventilation, putting a hot tub in without enough ventilation will cause mildew problems.

I would never put a hot tub in the livable space inside my home. Last time when i was shopping for a move-up house we i saw the seller's hot tub in his family room. The smell when we came through the front door reminded me of a chlorine-heavy, and poorly maintained Holidome.

Back