Our house is about 15 years old. We are finishing the basement. All of the exterior walls are framed to the floor and have vapour barrior and fiber glass insulation. I was doing research and saw plenty of posts on vapour and mold problems in basements. So I checked our construction and this is what we have. There is vapour barrier directly up against the exterior concrete. All of the 2X4 studs are set about one inch out from the exterior walls. They are attached to the floor and ceiling not the exterior walls. The walls are all well insulated between the studs with dense fibre glass insulation and then there is a thick vapour barrier on the room side of the studs. I did a visual check and checked randomly along the walls and they all appear dry. So, is the practice I described above good.