Is it normal for water to leak through the window like this?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanigator

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of window this is, except for this being a window that slides open side to side rather than up and down.

I have no idea whether this pool of water is leaking from the outside into the window, or whether this is condensation coming from somewhere else.

That said, I don't even know what I need to know in order to start addressing this water buildup. I have scoured on Google and suspect that it could be a caulking or weather stripping issue, but they don't seem to be matching up to the windows I'm dealing with.

What information should I be collecting from your experience?

Thanks in advance.

zNr2Euu[1].jpg

The window is dual glazed, and those will leak eventually, so it's a process of elimination.

Start with a hose trained on the glass, then above the window, then too either side.

If it turns out to be condensation, as it appears, you need to have it reglazed.

Last edited:
The window is dual glazed, and those will leak eventually, so it's a process of elimination.

Start with a hose trained on the glass, then above the window, then too either side.

If it turns out to be condensation, as it appears, you need to have it reglazed.

i.e. a matter of aiming different spots with a hose before finding the location of the problems?

Yes, the intent is to eliminate all of the possibilities, one at a time.

Latest posts

Back