Is this termite poop?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellbound

Reaction score
I am having my whole house cleaned after being exposed to smoke from fires in my area a couple months ago. Part of the cleaning includes cleaning out the attic and sanitizing it. I was in the attic today and brought down some plastic containers with strange things that look like seeds. I googled termite poop as a guess, and it seemed to look like it. https://imgur.com/ocmaDvk

1. Does the linked photo look like termite poop?
2. Will the cleaning/sanitizing likely kill any termites OR should I hire a company to do it?
3. After the attic is cleaned and sanitized, is there some type of spray that I can get to spray over the whole surface of the attic that will kill/keep them away? OR is this a bad idea for me to be doing it myself or having the cleaning company do it?

Thanks.

The container was not completely sealed. Where would mice have gotten bird seed. We do not have any that I know of anywhere around our property...

This is what I was referring to on Google termite poop

I'm going to go with bird seed, as well. No clue where it could have come from, but doesn't look like it is from termites. I see grains/cereals and what looks to be even black sunflower seeds.

No question about it, that's wild bird seed mix for sure. That container was probably used to store the stuff at one time.
Birdseed.jpg

That looks like a mouse's winter supply
hoarded-mouse.png

I am having my whole house cleaned after being exposed to smoke from fires in my area a couple months ago. Part of the cleaning includes cleaning out the attic and sanitizing it. I was in the attic today and brought down some plastic containers with strange things that look like seeds. I googled termite poop as a guess, and it seemed to look like it. https://imgur.com/ocmaDvk

1. Does the linked photo look like termite poop?
2. Will the cleaning/sanitizing likely kill any termites OR should I hire a company to do it?
3. After the attic is cleaned and sanitized, is there some type of spray that I can get to spray over the whole surface of the attic that will kill/keep them away? OR is this a bad idea for me to be doing it myself or having the cleaning company do it?

Thanks.

That looks like a termite poop mate. It's better you call pest control expert to get rid of the termite nest.

Back