Is this trim or a screw cover? Also how to fix the hole created by storm door install?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airtas

Reaction score
We had a new storm door put in. We put the hinge on the other side this time which created a large opening by the doorbell.

On the before pictures....the circled white pieces were they screw covers or trim?

I saw the installer remove and they were thin it seemed and peeled off almost. He claims they were part of the old door.

Also, what is the best way to go about fixing the hole by the doorbell? (first two pictures were before)

For the doorbell hole, your best bet is going to be remove the Nest door bell temporarily to get it out of the way and use a wood filler to fill in the hole, sand smooth, prime and paint.

I can't seem to zoom in on your pictures, I have a plastic strip that covers the screws on my doors. As I recall my storm doors are Larson, but they're over 20 years old and still working great. Could you post a close up?

Back