It's Monday, What did you learn this weekend???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rustywrangler

I learned that my stupid new dog will sit outside in 40 degree weather and shiver like you wouldn't believe. Then when you let her in, she goes over to a corner and coils up in a ball for hours.

Note to my dog: Girl, this is central NY, we get 140" a year in snowfall and the average temp between OCT to MARCH is 28 degrees. You are screwed pooch.

:D

Rusty it's so hot and dry here I saw a fire hydrant chasing a dog.

it cant decide what it wants to do around here. one day its hotter than heck the next it is freezing. I turned the heater in the garage on the other day and today I had the windows open and the fans running full blast. oh well winter will be here soon enough and I will be begging for these warm days again. but at least this winter I will have my modine shop heater installed with any luck.

I love it lol. 88 degrees tomorrow and by 3 AM it will be 42. WTF. At least I won't have to run the furnace tomorrow night, I can just leave the windows open all day and close em at night.

WHY DID I TAKE THE AC'S OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo. I just ordered the Total control rack and pinion conversion set for my Daughters 67 mustang. It will be going under the tree as a gift. she will likely be way unimpressed but I will have fun with it.:thumbsup:

Sounds like a great Xmas present. She is one lucky kid!

Tell her just to wait till she drives the Mustang.

It will seem like a new car to her.;)

when I finally get it all put together it basically will be a new car with luck. :thumbsup: but this is one of my big gotta-havs for building a mustang.:cool:

We got our first snow the other day... Last night I worked till 1am and spent 10 hours at work walking around outside switching railcars in 20 degree weather.

shhhhhh I don't wan't to hear about snow yet. maybe if nobody mentions it, it will just skip us this year.:facepalm:

Hell, it was 78 here today...I almost had to turn on the central air!

You can only call i sick to a family function once in a month. That's what I learned this weekend.

That is too funny! As I recommended to another viewer recently, drink massive amounts of adult beverages and lose your pants, and the family will leave you at home and make up the necessary excuses for you!

That is too funny! As I recommended to another viewer recently, drink massive amounts of adult beverages and lose your pants, and the family will leave you at home and make up the necessary excuses for you!

Not a drinker, I was thinking Cough Syrup.

I learned that moving from our starter house to our new house is going to be hellish no matter how well we plan, organize, and work ahead.

I've had a very proactive attitude about this whole ordeal, but I'm beginning to realize there are just some unexpected things that'll happen that you can't make lists, spreadsheets, or diagrams for. Have faith and be strong!

Thank god for my husband. He has been a saint through this whole process.

When you retire there is no Monday only Saturdays.

When you own your own business everyday is a Monday. Except for all those Saturdays.:D

When you own your own business everyday is a Monday. Except for all those Saturdays.:D

Chris you are right. Since I retired and have been doing some free lancing it seems there are times weekends do get overlooked.

My hat is off to all those folks who own and run their own business.

It is definitely a chore in this economy.

I learned spammers don't last very long here... :D

Back