Jeld wen

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sequimrehab

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm thinking of replacing some or all of my windows, Home depot carrries Jeld wen windows, has anyone used or heard anything about this brand.
Thanks
Karl

Please. i see people are viewing my post but no responses.
I'll give this 1 more day

You get what you pay for. It depends on the model of window you buy, and most important is the installation. Follow the install directions to the letter. Another window is Anderson for an inexpensive, get what you paid for window. :)
I folks where not responding, it may be because they just don't have an answer, everyone here usually gives their opinion, if they have one.
Try google and check jeld wen product failures. Worth a try.

Sequimrehab posted back in January, so I expect he's already bought his windows by now.

Jeld Wen is big in Canada. They purchased the old Willmar Windows factory here in Winnipeg and began producing their own PVC windows under the Jeld Wen name. I expect they did that in other Canadian cities too.

You get what you pay for.
Not exactly. I expect the reason Home Depot is buying Jeld Wen windows is because the Canadian dollar is worth $0.79 cents US now. So, they get much the same window as they could buy in the US for 21 percent off.

Here in Winnipeg, the standard for new windows is PVC with triple pane glazing, low-e with argon between the lites (no one here uses krypton that I'm aware of). You can still buy aluminum sliders and wood windows, but the vast majority of people upgrade to PVC triple glazed. About the only time you see double glazing anymore is in new house construction where they're trying to minimize the purchase price.

http://www.jeldwen.ca/eng/main.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back