Just something to ponder...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you were born in 2000, in 2o5o you will be 50 years old if you add 50 to 2000 you get, wait for! 2050.
I wasn't born yesterday.

In the words of a short-lived Barbie back in the 1990's.... Math is hard.

You'd be surprised at how many are still amazed with that little post.

Like the addition of the Chinese ministers to make simple math more mystical.

You'd be surprised at how many are still amazed with that little post.
The Canadian dollar is worth about $.75 of a US dollar.
So if I am going south and I buy US dollars.

$1000 C dollars buys me $750 US
When I come back, I have $100 US

When I change that to Canadian, how much do I get?

You get hosed because they will charge you .77 not the .75 you paid. You get $129.87 instead of the 133.33 if was .75.

All they sell in Canada are Burkas and other Moslim garb. Save your money!

Living close to the boarder (on a clear day we can see Canada across the pond) we from time to time get Canadian coinage in our change. I was always amazed when the exchange rate was favorable I would get some Canadian coins in change from the vending machines at work even though the machines wont take Canadian.

I always saw it as salting the mix and skimming the difference.

Living close to the boarder (on a clear day we can see Canada across the pond) we from time to time get Canadian coinage in our change. I was always amazed when the exchange rate was favorable I would get some Canadian coins in change from the vending machines at work even though the machines wont take Canadian.

I always saw it as salting the mix and skimming the difference.
Banks here will not give us any exchange rate on US coinage. Your vendor operator likely had a machine somewhere that would take Canadian and he was just getting rid of it.

Back