Kenmore 665.17032403 Doesn't cycle to the heated dry cycle

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breckrider

Reaction score
The dishwasher stops and the "Start" button flashes and the cycle indicated light is on washing. I have to open the door, close it then push the start button for it to proceed. I've searched for a solution but nothing is coming up. Any suggestions?

1683732165642.png

Last edited:
How old is the washer?

I also did some research and bombed out. At this point, I'm thinking it has to be the mother board, bit just a guess.

I think you're right. I'll see what one costs and how hard it is to replace.

I tried the reset and it worked for one cycle then didn't. I'm going to order the control board.

So, I put in a new control board but that didn't fix my problem. It still hangs between cycles. Any ideas? I noticed when I pushed on the door right before I opened it, it tried to go to the next cycle. Could the door latch be a problem?

Last edited:
The door switch will interrupt the cycle and stop the washer. Replace the switch and make sure the door latch holds the door shut .

The door switch will interrupt the cycle and stop the washer. Replace the switch and make sure the door latch holds the door shut .
I did a little more testing and discovered that if I push hard on the ends of the control panel on the front of the dishwasher, I can hear clicking and the dishwasher will continue through the cycles but if I let go i can see the door move out just a little and it stops the cycle. Would that be the switch or something else wrong with the door? I did replace the gasket a little while back and felt more resistance when I closed the door. Could that be somehow causing the problem? I'm not sure it's the switch. U cab make a video if that would help.

More info:

I took the switches out and tested for continuity. When the little button is pushed down, they both have continuity. I looked at the door latch and how the striker activated the piece that pushes on the little button the switches. I bent the striker a little and put it all back together. It ran a full cycle without stopping so fingers crossed. I'll run a bunch more cycles before calling it fixed.

Back