Kenmore washer overflows

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocie3

Reaction score
I have a Kenmore washer/dryer stacked, model 110987522796. The washer overflows ONLY when filling for the rinse cycle, after it has completed the wash cycle. Drain hoses are well connected and no obstructions or leaks. I have checked the water level pressure hose, which is not clogged or leaking air or water and is well connected at both ends. The water level pressure switch could be the problem but my knowledge of electronics is limited. Why would the switch work for the initial wash cycle ,but not the rinse cycle? Are there other possibilities that could be causing the problem?
Thanks for your consideration,
-Sean

I have a Kenmore washer/dryer stacked, model 110987522796. The washer overflows ONLY when filling for the rinse cycle, after it has completed the wash cycle. Drain hoses are well connected and no obstructions or leaks. I have checked the water level pressure hose, which is not clogged or leaking air or water and is well connected at both ends. The water level pressure switch could be the problem but my knowledge of electronics is limited. Why would the switch work for the initial wash cycle ,but not the rinse cycle? Are there other possibilities that could be causing the problem?
Thanks for your consideration,
-Sean

Does it overflow on the wash cycle if you do a cold wash? Other than the water sensing switch that isn't properly turning things off I would think it could have to do with the water inlet valves.

I stole this from another thread, but it might be worth trying

Some Other Place said:
Let the washing machine fill with water and when the washer is about 1/2 full of water unplug the washers power cord from the wall outlet. If the water keeps flowing into the washing machine with the power cord pulled the fill valve ( where the hot and cold hoses are attached to your washer ) has mechanically stuck open and will have to be replaced. If the water shuts off when you remove it's power cord from the wall outlet, try plugging the washer in and out a couple more times and if the water stops each time the fill valve indicates as being good = on to the next trouble makers.

The water level control is responsible for shutting off the power to the fill valve and redirects the power to the timer to start the washing machine running once the correct water level has occurred. The WLC could be bad or the WLC uses a hose that the water level pushes air into to tell the WLC what the water level is inside the washing machine. The hose could be pinched, has a pin hole, clogged up with calcium or soap curd and the WLC cannot "sense" or "tell" what is happening inside the washer.

Latest posts

Back