Kitchen Backsplash Help!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndo6532

Reaction score
My husband and I are getting ready to put a backsplash up in our kitchen, however, we are stumped when it comes to the sink area. Behind our sink is a fairly large open wall space that is about 6' high and 4.5' wide, with cabinets on both sides. My question is, would it look better to put the backsplash tile all the way to the ceiling, or to keep it at the same height that it will be underneath the cabinets beside the sink? The like below will take you to my home photo album on facebook and the photo on the very bottom is a picture of the area I am referring to. Thanks for any help!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.47189783652.71296.696113652&type=1&l=1330dd14a6

I think I would have installed a cabinet over that area like you have over the ref. to break up that tall blank area.

I vote for eliminating the claustrophobic look, and open up the wall between the upper cabinets to the diningroom/livingroom/back yard behind it, running the tile up to the bottom of the opening (or new window, if it's an exterior wall).

Back