Kitchen cabinet re-staining

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonP

Reaction score
Need help with re-staining lower kitchen cabinets procedures!

What are your plans for a finish? Paint or stain? Post some pics and it will help a lot. Scroll down from the message box to Manage Attachments and you can upload from your computer.

And welcome to House Repair Talk.

I'm going to re-stain so they match upper cabinets, it's in a commercial setting and gets some abuse. I will post some pics later!

The difference in discoloration is not as sever as it appears, probably the lighting, part of my problem is going to be there will not be any down time in use of the kitchen since this is a residential nursing care facility. I'm open to suggestions, they do not necessarily have to be a stain finish, but I think it would be less work as there are not as many to re-stain as opposed to refinishing all upper and lower,

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

There's no reason that you can't remove the doors and drawer faces and refinish in the shop. The cabinets will still be useable while you do a good job on the finish.

I would recommend checking out Buy Cabinets Direct I was going to redo my cabinets but found out it was cheaper for my wife and I to buy new cabinets from them than to reface or refinish the ones we had. We saved a ton over cabinets at Lowe's too. Also soft close stuff is great with a new baby. When I have to go make our son formula its nice for the cabinets not to make noise with him in my arms. Just my $0.02 you can take it or leave it.

Back