Lawn maintenance help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will it work, sort of.
There not self propelled and are a pain to move around, never going to get an even cut, any I've used are a royal pain in the butt to change the string.

Any real fence company should be able to make you a double door chain link gate to fit between the two post.
They would just drive in a piece of pipe in the middle so a cane bolt would hold one side closed.

I really dont have any interest in hiring a contractor of any sort. Every time I do.... I get screwed over. I dont really want to move my fence either. I am proud to have built it and have it still standing 3 years later 🤣🤣🤣.
I'm having a couple of people come this week and give me prices to clean up the current mess and for weekly cuts. I'm nervous for sure.

After I get those, I am going to make a decision about hiring or purchasing a riding lawn mower.
Thank you guys for your help!!

That must be me. With this Covid crap, I can't get my haircut, so I am beginning to look like a girl. In a few more weeks, I'm going to put my hair in pig tails!
Yes, I am Cave Man. I have as much hair as the Blonde guy from NCIS LA, and I didn't know I could grow a Goatee. That of course I can shave off, but I'm just letting it go. I'm getting sick of chewing on my whiskers though.

Bahaha, you guys are cracking me up!
I weigh like 260, so, not quite as much as the other lady.... I got a visual of that. I feel sorry for the mower too. Lol
I built the fenced area where the gate opening is. I could pull up that one post and reset is a few inches away but I dont want to do that. Heck, I probably cant do that currently. I might be able to move the post on the other side and put a chain link post in there. Idk, I am so frustrated with my back, it is hindering everything I want to do. I am about ready to go buy tarps and put them down in order to kill the grass and start over in a month or so. I'd like to say I'm kidding but I am not.
Overwhelmed with work, taking care of my mom on mondays off (sort of) and this back issue. In addition..... I am pretty sure my middle Child took 2 of my moms cats and dropped them off somewhere. I need less stressful people in my life.
I'm hoping that he will Mow today if it doesnt rain. I am off for a few days after today and I may seriously buy tarps..... or maybe I will tarp one area at a time. Idk...
Continue to entertain me, I need it
Hey, did you know that in food products when you see the ingredient "Natural flavors", that is most likely from the Anal Glands of a Beaver's Butt? Serious. How they get people to go get the gel... It's a gel straight from the source, I don't know. maybe they have Beaver farms in the middle of nowhere, and they just give them a few logs to build stuff with. That would be fun, watching a bunch of Beavers build stuff. I wouldn't volunteer for the Anal gel job though. I don't think you can show your face after that. Counseling. Definitely need counseling. Fun Facts.

He actually mowed today while I was at work.... hopefully he will weed eat.... I call them kids but they are adults.... just difficult ones.
What happens if you lose the key? Is it a one size fits all of the same brand deal? Good advice. I could see forgetting it easily.
Today was a great day at work. I only had 3 patients, instead of 5 or 6, and the could all walk and bathe themselves! And..... I am off the next 4 days.
Came home and the radishes I planted Thursday or Friday or sprouted and about 1/2" tall. And I think I have 1 sprouted carrot.
I might actually like gardening
If you're gardening, try a fertilizer called Sea Magic. One pack makes a gallon concentrate, which will last a season. I have seen it bring a Blueberry bush back from near death, and a Stevia plant grow a foot overnight. It's mainly used for Tomatoes and Peppers, which will give you TONS if they grow good in your area. My Sister uses it to grow Avocado trees, they probably get 6 foot in containers. When I first heard of Sea Magic, a lady at a nursery had one Tomato plant in a huge pot that was 4 feet in diameter or more and at least 8 feet tall!

I would get a gallon glass jug or put the concentrate in 4 quart mason jars, and experiment. Throw the leftover out at the end of the season, as it will get funky.

Hey, did you know that in food products when you see the ingredient "Natural flavors", that is most likely from the Anal Glands of a Beaver's Butt? Serious. How they get people to go get the gel... It's a gel straight from the source, I don't know. maybe they have Beaver farms in the middle of nowhere, and they just give them a few logs to build stuff with. That would be fun, watching a bunch of Beavers build stuff. I wouldn't volunteer for the Anal gel job though. I don't think you can show your face after that. Counseling. Definitely need counseling. Fun Facts.
Hilarious! Thanks for the distraction, I was like what innthe world!

Hilarious! Thanks for the distraction, I was like what innthe world!
Well, you wanted entertainment. Nothing is more entertaining than the Chupawappa, Minnesota Beaver Anal Gland Go-Get-R Farm. Ok, I made that part up, but I bet Cousin Eddie would do it because it's free. I guess it didn't make the National Lampoon's cut, though.

So.... it's me again... some of your know that I have torn both rotator cuffs and had them repaired in the past 4 years. Now.... I've done something to my back.🙄 I just finished 8 weeks of PT and was released because I am not progressing. Waiting on my MD to order an MRI..... anyway... the point.

I'm tired of asking my boys to help with the yard, so i need to seriously consider either a lawn service or a small riding lawn mower. The gate it would have to fit through is 40" wide, but it would need to be a little narrower than that to fit. I have seen the 30" that Lowes and Home Depot sell for $1200 are they junk? Would i be better off to try to find a used one (although it would need to be delivered)?
I just need some peace in life and a decent yard would be nice.
I'm open to suggestions and honest advice!
How about sitting them boys down and talkin some serious sense into them. Mom's not doing good and still has to ask? You wouldn't mind me stopping by and smack 'em around a bit for u ?

Back