Leaky Sink

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianeS

Reaction score
I have one of those sinks where there's one handle in the center and you turn it left for hot and right for cold. The problem is, when you turn it off, the handle has to be nudged to the right in just the exact spot or it drips water. This is super annoying especially because my kid never shuts it off right or when I have someone over to feed the dog while I'm out of town. Is there a way to fix this or do I just need a new faucet? The one I have now is only about 2 years old.

Do you know the brand? Mine has a handle and uses a Delta ball and is rebuildable. If yours is another brand such as Moen it may use a replaceable cartridge.

Do you know the brand? Mine has a handle and uses a Delta ball and is rebuildable. If yours is another brand such as Moen it may use a replaceable cartridge.
I looked all over the faucet but don't see the name of the manufacturer. Is there an easy way to take it apart so I can see what's inside?

I looked all over the faucet but don't see the name of the manufacturer. Is there an easy way to take it apart so I can see what's inside?
It might be easier just to try to find look alike online.

If you look under the handle there should be a little hole with a setscrew in it. It will take an Allen wrench most likely. Turn off the water and back the screw out and the handle will pop off. Then you can take off the hardware you see and find the cartridge and pull it out. The best way is to take it with you to your builders center and tell them what you need. I bought my last one at Ace Hardware.

They are all a little different but here is a video of a guy taking apart one. If you do a google search maybe you can find a video of one that looks like yours.

What do you mean? Just replace the whole faucet?
No, to help identify it. For example the handle on my old Elkay (Delta ball) works on top of a dome with a knurled adjusting ring at the bottom.

1673759830714.png

If you look under the handle there should be a little hole with a setscrew in it. It will take an Allen wrench most likely. Turn off the water and back the screw out and the handle will pop off. Then you can take off the hardware you see and find the cartridge and pull it out. The best way is to take it with you to your builders center and tell them what you need. I bought my last one at Ace Hardware.

They are all a little different but here is a video of a guy taking apart one. If you do a google search maybe you can find a video of one that looks like yours.

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know.

I believe under the red/blue dot, you will find a set screw. Use your fingernail and it will pop right off. Before doing anything, make sure your hot and cold valves can be shut off completely.

That red and blue cover for the set screw indicates American Standard, I believe. IIRC from mine, a 1/8" hex key is required to remove the set screw.

It may have a lifetime warranty. I don't know if paperwork is involved or not. Elkay has sent me free parts with me just providing pictures of fixture.

Latest posts

Back