Lennox vs American Standard

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctopher

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting a new heat pump system. The price is about the same, its a 2 1/2 ton system. New inside and out. What do you all think is the best system.

Welcome Ctopher:
The heart of each of them is the compressor and they both probably have a Copeland scroll compressor which usually has a 10 year warranty. Check the warranty on each unit and take the best warranty.
Glenn

Thanks for the reply. I checked thier web sites and American Standard has a Duration compressor, and the Lennox has a Copeland compressor. I guess I'll try researching more...

I have one 15 Ton Lennox and two 25 ton Lennox. Neither worked from the factory, had to troubleshoot and replace brand new parts to get it up and running. I don't have any experience w/AS but, if AAON has what your looking for, they are worth the extra money in the long run.

American Standard also manufactures Trane. Basically the same equipment with a slightly different look. From my experience both are good equipment. The installation is really what makes the difference.

I have one 15 Ton Lennox and two 25 ton Lennox. Neither worked from the factory, had to troubleshoot and replace brand new parts to get it up and running.

I like to think of that as upgrading my new equipment to a better standard.:eek:
That way I don't get as mad anymore at the junk coming into our workplace. Giving it the positive spin.;)

Back