lets talk wire strippers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of wire will this strip, where is it available, who is the manufacturer, how much does it cost and what applications would this be used for?

it will strip wire as small as 18 awg upto 3/4" . I make and sell them on ebay for $150.

You say you make these and sell them on ebay - How long does it take you to throw one of these together and what makes these so unique and different from a $2 pair

my wire stripper is used for stripping long lengths of wire to sell to the scrapyard.

Trubraz:

Don't be surprised if your local police take an interest in who your customers are.

Cutting the insulation off old wire and selling it as scrap copper is legit, but there's lots of people stealing new wire, stripping the insulation off of it and selling the copper to scrap metal dealers.

Last edited:
I my state you have to show ID when you sell copper to a scrapyard and they will get the bad guys. It is a problem all over.

Most scrap yards require ID but, wire is wire by the time you get done stripping it and can't be identified from salvage wire versus stolen wire.
I have over a mile of 12AWG stranded that I've been looking to strip but, the tried and true method of pulling a razor knife on it doesn't work on a AWG that small. 10AWG is the smallest I can strip with a knife. I've been looking for something like this for awhile now but, $150 seems a little steep because I'm out of the trade now and won't have access to surplus scrap anymore.

This is the tool you need to strip that wire and it will pay for itself if you got that much wire.
sorry $150.00 is the best in can do . It will also romex flat house wire.

By the way, how much does it cost and what applications would this be used for?

whats to stop someone that knows what they are doing to copy it and market it and steal your idea? none the less bear minimum they can make it themselves cheaper maybe a little less quality but it will do the same job, I on the other hand i will not strip lower than 8awg not because i dont know how but because it doesnt mean that much to me i would rather go for the big stuff because thats what i go for on the job site the 10 and smaller are just for quick cash.

have people bought any of your products? and how do you get away with these prices

Last edited:
Back