Level glass top on stone mantle

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de103065

Reaction score
I've planning on putting a beveled glass top on a stone fireplace mantle. Since the stone is uneven, I was looking for a good way to make sure the glass sits on the mantle level and does not slide. I was looking at these clear bumpers on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C8BRNWQ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2532B9AF9JUPI&psc=1

I've attached a couple of images that show the fireplace mantle and stone. Will the clear bumpers work? Is there a better way to level the glass top on the fireplace mantle?

fireplace_mantle1.JPG
fireplace_mantle2.JPG

Thanks.

I would take some string and run it from end to end across the top to find the low spots or high spots. One or two helpers would make it easier. All the support points have to be the same height. If you stick these on you will have to place them where they all work together to make one flat surface.

I suspect you want a flat surface to display things on.

I personally would be looking at a rustic wood top that would fit in with the stone and have a ledge that hangs down a little to block seeing the uneven top.

Back