light scratch on hardwood floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qmqmqm

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

There is a light scratch on my hardwood floor. The hardwood floor is generally kept in pretty good shape, so it's not worthwhile to refinish the whole floor.

The scratch is light - the hardwood finish on top of the scratch still remains, and no bare wood is exposed.

Is there any way I can fix the scratch? And roughly speaking how much would it cost?

Thanks a lot!

Paul

scratch.jpg

Last edited:
Should be able rub it out with some Johnson's paste wax and 0000 steel wool.Go easy.

"The scratch is light - the hardwood finish on top of the scratch still remains, and no bare wood is exposed."
How do you get that from this?

Hi guys. I very much appreciate the comments above! Maybe I didn't explain the problem clearly enough... The finish appears to be intact. There is, however, a slight dent. Maybe a "dent" is a better word to describe the situation, as "scratch" seems to imply that the finish is scratched off.

Do the above suggestions still hold?

Thanks a lot!

Paul

Have you tried a wet towel and a steam iron on the dent? Sometimes steam can make the dented area come back level. Just be careful you don't apply to much moisture.

Have you tried a wet towel and a steam iron on the dent? Sometimes steam can make the dented area come back level. Just be careful you don't apply to much moisture.

That works if the steam can get thruy the finish.:rofl:
I only thought I was wrong.

Back