Linoleum on concrete

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
I have 12x12 linoleum tiles that I want to lay down directly on the concrete of my basement floor. Part of the floor is already done that way.

Problem is, my concrete has efflorescence. After cleaning it up, it seems to come right back.

I don't get it in the winter. Should I wait till then?

I have 12x12 linoleum tiles that I want to lay down directly on the concrete of my basement floor. Part of the floor is already done that way.

Problem is, my concrete has efflorescence. After cleaning it up, it seems to come right back.

I don't get it in the winter. Should I wait till then?

Water dissolves the salt and transports it to the surface. It might keep happening if you keep adding water.:p

Water dissolves the salt and transports it to the surface. It might keep happening if you keep adding water.:p

I think it is due to the reverse weather that we have had vs your area. There are no fire bans and everything is growing madly. I sometimes go several weeks without being able to cut my grass due to the constant rain.

I think it is due to the reverse weather that we have had vs your area. There are no fire bans and everything is growing madly. I sometimes go several weeks without being able to cut my grass due to the constant rain.

So if you have water coming up thru the floor that should be dealt with first.

Tape a square of sheet poly on the floor and see if you get water under it

So if you have water coming up thru the floor that should be dealt with first.

Tape a square of sheet poly on the floor and see if you get water under it

The floor is not wet. Just thee white stuff.

I will do that test.

Back