Looking for cover/"lid" ideas for a workbench

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
I have this 60x36 workbench on my patio and I need to remove the canopy that's covering it. What I want to do is to buy or make some sort of cover/"lid" that would cover the top to protect it from the elements. It only needs to extend over the top, it does not need to cover the whole w/b to the ground. It also needs to be light enough that I can remove it and put it back before and after I use the workbench. An extra bonus if it's foldable so that it does not take up much space when I remove it.

One option is to build some sort of foldable roof with supports. Another is some sort of prefab metal or plastic arch roof like this, except it needs to be much smaller (about 70" in length and about 40" in width/diameter).

I have a design for a foldable roof, but if I can find something prefab I would prefer that I think. I am in Maryland so it does need to be able to hold some amount of snow.

TIA
image000003.jpg

Won't work. Tried that with the workbench that was there before that. :) It created a sauna underneath and the top -- which was an old door like this one -- rotted after about 1 hot and humid summer.

Back