Low water in Toilet Bowl

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you slow put some in with a bucket it will end up at the perfect level.

I really wouldn't want to have to put water in a bucket to pour in the bowl every time I use the toilet.... if I do that, they'll start calling me Bucket Boy :down:

I have it at a normal level in the bowl now after tweaking the height of the float.

where a problem with the vent would result in an incomplete flush, retaining waste and water in the bowl

I actually have to hold the handle down so the flush will complete (which is working OK since I don't mind doing that), so I still need to make sure the vent is not obstructed

"I actually have to hold the handle down so the flush will complete (which is working OK since I don't mind doing that), so I still need to make sure the vent is not obstructed"

That's actually not a symptom of an obstructed vent.

It is however, an operating condition of a low flush appliance, where the WC is designed to complete a flush using a small amount of water. If you listen carefully, by holding the flush lever down the WC actually flushes twice.

Well, it's malfunctioning because most times it does not flush at all unless I hold the handle down.

If I do not hold the handle down, then a little more water comes in to the bowl and it does not actually flush.

I need to find one of those old sckool large tanks to put on there so a large amount of water can flow when it flushes and get away from this low flush garbage.

Well, it's malfunctioning because most times it does not flush at all unless I hold the handle down.

If I do not hold the handle down, then a little more water comes in to the bowl and it does not actually flush.

I need to find one of those old sckool large tanks to put on there so a large amount of water can flow when it flushes and get away from this low flush garbage.

Unless it is a very old unit the low flush should not effect it. They work fine now.

There is another possibility.

It's rare, but there could be a calcium buildup in the trap which is also a symptom that you are describing, and the simplest cure for that is to replace the fixture.

Unless it is a very old unit the low flush should not effect it. They work fine now.

When it starts gurgling due to the toilet in the other bathroom being flushed... something is not working right.

The fixture is not that old as it was changed out a few years back, so it's a modern day fixture and not one of ones from the 1930s or anything.

When it starts gurgling due to the toilet in the other bathroom being flushed... something is not working right.

The fixture is not that old as it was changed out a few years back, so it's a modern day fixture and not one of ones from the 1930s or anything.

I think gurgle is a venting problem.

Wow, there's so much to learn about this, there should be a degree in Toiletology.

I've often wondered if it'd be possible to raise the water level in our bowls. In their great wisdom, the designers of our artsy-craftsy dual-flush Caroma toilets decided to make the water level so low, leaving so much of the bowl exposed, that—how can I put this delicately—reminders are often left that the last user was a tad off-center.

We considered putting a little card on each tank asking guests to check after doing their duty, but my wife decided that'd be tacky.

I know you're discussing an older toilet here, but maybe we could work in a newer one with the same goal?

(It's also beyond me why anyone would include the word "aroma" in a toilet brand.)

Could be that you're flapper isn't staying open long enough. If it closes say when the tank is only half emptied, the water will shut off before the bowl fills back up.

Could be that you're flapper isn't staying open long enough. If it closes say when the tank is only half emptied, the water will shut off before the bowl fills back up.

That is what the little tube is putting water in the over flow for..

Back