Low water pressure

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, now you have time to research problems / causes / solutions. I would get 2 more estimates as well, in case it is time for the replacement.

I have the problem of the water pressure dropping if I have two faucets or appliances running at the same time. I believe I have galvanized water pipes and hear that corrosion or gunk can build up in them, restricting water. I'm open to suggestions without replacing the water supply unless that the only option I have.

If the pipes are crudded shut and possibly even leaking if really old, replacing them is the only solution... that's what I had to deal with... and did... also see my comments on Page 1...

I was getting almost no hot water flow even when only one faucet was open...

Thanks Spicoli43, I used "Iron-Out" to clean the tank, and REGEN several times. Now the water pressure back to 80% normal. So temporary, I don't need to replace it. Will wait for 1 month or so, clean and REGEN the tank again. Hope by that time, water pressure will back to normal 100%.
Thank you for everyone's experience and helpful suggestion.
I use salt with Iron Out in it so each time it regen's it gets a treatment, I am on a well for 15 years with my softener and no problems.

I use salt with Iron Out in it so each time it regen's it gets a treatment, I am on a well for 15 years with my softener and no problems.
So you are drinking Iron Out chemicals? Whatever those are?

I don't drink the softened water, I drink from ahead it.

Eventually I replace the water softener with a new one.

Back