Lowes won't price match their own prices!!!!! Really

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guest2

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that it is STUPID that Lowes doesn't price match their own stores? How can that even be true, but it is!!

Even on in-stock items!

Price matching is for competing in the marketplace. It's understandable that they won't compete with themselves.

yes, online store price in another town and online at another seller.

By not competing with them self, I will purchase from a different store.

How far away is "another town" Regional pricing is a thing with all retailers. If it is a reasonable drive, by all means go to the other town. I've never had a problem with them price matching. It is rare that their price is different the Home Depot on identical items.

It's probably good, reputationally, for a store with multiple locations (and an online presence) to keep prices consistent.

BUT, there are different logistical concerns getting items to different locations, different stores sell more or less of different kinds of items (this is an extreme example, but just to illustrate the point: Lowes probably sells way more snow blowers in their Minnesota stores than in their Florida stores), and so from an efficiency standpoint it might make sense to price things differently based on the location. Sorta like how just because the BP on this side of town sells gas for $X/gal doesn't mean the BP on that side of town has to also.

Sorta true, except BP never claims ir advertises that they do " price match guaranteed"

Oh well if Lowes is guaranteeing they will match prices then they should, end of story.

Two hours away could be huge in their costs. A store in a major city is much more expensive to build, operate, and staff versus one in the far flung suburbs. So Lowe's, Home Depot, Costco, Walmart, Sam's Club, every grocery store, etc have price zones based on locations. Was the items commodity items (lumber, drywall, plumbing supplies, electrical supplies) or fixtures, tools and other items widely available and easily shipped from Amazon? Two hours from NYC gets you into some very rural places in NY State, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Two hours from San Francisco puts you in the central valley.

Around here stores in the Ghetto have lower prices than same stores in the suburbs, but stores are fleeing the Ghetto faster than ever now that Democrats have this new policy that you can steal up to $999.99 in merchandise from every store you go into without getting into trouble... they call them "under served communities" when there are no stores left in an area because they've been shoplifted out, robbed, and the store clerks killed by Democrat junkies...
I was outside of Lowe's in the covered loading area by the lumber one night near closing time loading my purchase. A SUV pulled up and three guys got out, while the driver remained with the SUV running. A minute later the three come running out with as many DeWalt cordless tools as they could carry. The RFID alarms blaring at the door with several employees following them out, but basically helpless to stop them. This was in one of the safest cities with a population over 150,000 in the country. These "food deserts" are justifiable if you look at the "shrink rate" in urban stores. If people are shoplifting with impunity any smart retailer is going to assess the location and determine they can't make money due to the theft loses. As an employee I'm not going to put my life at risk confronting a young male shop lifting. That armful of DeWalt tools isn't worth my life. It is why you see so many of the cordless tools under lock and key even in the "safe" burbs.

Lowes wants you to buy at Lowes rather than down the street not to buy at one Lowes rather than another Lowes.

Lowes wants you to buy at Lowes rather than down the street not to buy at one Lowes rather than another Lowes.
Lowes around here gets little business and the girls who work there almost tackle us when we walk in as they are so glad to see a customer...
Home Depot not much more than across the street does a little better...
Menard's is out further and as the newest stores has the lowest prices and is now twice as big as the other stores with two huge buildings... so large, in fact, they don't seem to know what to fill all the space up with, they also sell lots of food... I stop there for my 3 lb. bags of chocolate covered caramel peanut clusters... a candy almost nonexistant in supermarkets any more... Brach's used to make them but that brand seems to have disappeared locally... no longer competitive priced...

I worked at E.J. Brach & Sons Confectioners in Chicago a couple of times in my younger days. I think the last time I picked up a box of Brach's chocolates it said made in Mexico.

Around here stores in the Ghetto have lower prices than same stores in the suburbs, but stores are fleeing the Ghetto faster than ever now that Democrats have this new policy that you can steal up to $999.99 in merchandise from every store you go into without getting into trouble... they call them "under served communities" when there are no stores left in an area because they've been shoplifted out, robbed, and the store clerks killed by Democrat junkies...
Buzz, if you want to spread political lies you should be on a political forum, not a DIY forum. Even if you are not aware that what you are spreading are lies, this is forum is still DIY not politics.

I find it incredibly frustrating. Even when they won't match their online prices. Back before they did ship to store they would never honor their online prices. If they had something in stock they would still refuse to match their online prices. Walmart is the same way. My local Walmart charges more than other Walmarts in the region. Stuff here is at least $1 to $20 more than at other Walmart stores. I don't know about other Walmarts, but my local one does not price match anything anymore. They had problems with fraud and cashiers claiming they price-matched to give huge discounts to friends (and managers who demanded lower prices). Cashiers got in trouble for calling people liars or for defrauding the store.

Those aren't lies so STFU !!!! They're WHAT'S HAPPENING !!!
It's hard to do DIY when all the stores near you are CLOSED! Or have huge price inflation to offset "shrinkage"...
If they are lies or not is not the issue. The issue is they are political in nature and only somewhat fit the narrative of the home improvement nature of this forum.

This is called spin and you are doing it because you have a political opinion and wish to have it known at every possible chance. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion, I’m telling you this is not the place for it. You have been warned in the past and if you enjoy it here I suggest you stick on topic or make your comments to a degree that has minimal politics to it.

What we are not going to tolerate is you telling other members to STFU.

Clean it up.

if you enjoy it here

What we are not going to tolerate is you telling other members to STFU.
It's never 'enjoyable' to have the truth censored by the WOKE CANCEL CULTURE...
I won't "tolerate" some senile old asshole calling me a liar !!!
So **** YOU !!!
And bye...

Latest posts

Back