Made in U.S.A.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other issue with Walmart is they don't do fancy very well. If you're very selective you can do okay there, but you have to be selective. With belts, I bought 2 there. One black, one brown, one inch leather with a stitched non-reversible buckle. I wear them all the time and have had them for years. I examined about 30 before getting them and I knew they would hold up...no pun intended. If you're buying something there because it looks pretty or it's mechanically reversible, it's probably going to be junk.

I sent in my picture and got a reply within minutes. Albeit from a computer. I will get a true blue person within 48 hours all most as long as my belt lasted. If it was a manufacturing defect I would just go with the flow, but when I see the design is just stupid I figured it would be fun to see what they say. Here is my reply from them.

Thanks for emailing us. Dickies takes great pride in both hearing from and responding to our loyal fans. Rest assured, a true blue Dickies representative will personally review and respond to your email, most likely within 24-48 hours (not including weekends and holidays). During peak operating hours that response may be delayed, but not forgotten.
Whether you’ve worn us for a lifetime or a week, our commitment to you is the same – to provide innovative, durable work wear offered at an unmatched value. That’s the satisfaction guarantee we’ve promised to customers since 1922, and it will always remain true. So will our dedication to providing timely, top quality customer service.
Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. We genuinely appreciate it, and will be in touch soon.

That could well be true for many items at Walmart but my Walmart belt lasted two years before it got to ratty looking to wear. This time I selected a high quality retailer and a well-known brand that has a reputation for workman quality and I get a belt that lasts about 6 hours of wearing time. My opinion is it is all junk might have to look into the Justin brand belts. Or go find an Amish guy and have him make me one. :mad:

Justin is the same company that makes quality boots. A belt will cost close to 40 bucks but you get what you pay for.

Here is my timely reply from Dickie. This kind of nonsense drives me nuts. If you have a company licensed to put your company name on a product and sell it wouldn’t you care about the reputation your name carries?

Thank you for contacting Dickies. You have purchased a licensed product that we do not warehouse here. This item is manufactured and sold by Randa Accessories. All of our licensed products have a Satisfaction Guarantee. The companies that manufacture these products for us will be happy to honor this guarantee for you. You may contact them directly at:

Randa Accessories

5600 North River Road , Suite 500

Rosemont IL, 60018

Ph 1.847.292.8300

www.randa.net

[email protected]

(847) 292-8349

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to email me or contact one of our knowledgeable Customer Service Associates at 1-800-DICKIES (342-5437). Our hours of operation are daily from 8am-8pm CST.

Kind regards,

Customer Service

1-800-DICKIES (342-5437)

1-800-336-8643 Fax

Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Co.

509 W. Vickery Blvd.

Fort Worth, TX 76104

www.dickies.com

They do give you list of other names they make
From dress to casual, belts to suspenders and more, Randa builds outstanding product for the world’s top brands. Whether it is Kenneth Cole, Levi’s, Dickies, Columbia Sportswear, Nautica, or Tommy Hilfiger accessories, Dockers America’s largest belt brand or the extraordinary launch of Ryan Seacrest Distinction, Randa defines belts and furnishings for men.

Neal
Thanks for the video about Justin Belts. I wonder if Chris’s $40 belt was one of the ones they show being made in the USA and taking 8 hours to hand tool or one of the ones they briefly mentioned being made over seas. Did anyone notice the factory worker breaking open the sand castings molds in flip flops. I seriously doubt there are any shoes or belts or anything like that made in this country anymore except for craft type specialty items that cost 100 to 1000 times the junk wacked out in China or India. LL Bean droped their made in USA thing many years ago.

In the video they do say they do 1000s a day in aisia.
We used to see tags like "union made in USA" but even that is just name of a company that imports goods.
When I shipped products to the US under NAFTA I could label it made in America or Canada but duty had to paid on bits and peices that come from China. I always thought the label should have had a % on it.

My belt has s huge stamp on the inside that says "MADE IN USA" so I really hope so. Mine is a plain Jane brown belt with a silver buckle no tooling or anything. I'll take a couple picks after work. It's three years old and looks great.

"Made in the USA" does not really carry much weight. A product made from imported components, but assembled in the U.S.A. can carry that label. The same goes for Mexico.

Where it comes from depends on the specifications set by the marketer/specified that importer and what the retailer want the "Made in" label to say.

"Made by Honeywell" (or other retailers does not mean to much does not mean much).

The problem really lies with the importer/specifier of components and the retailer that hangs the "made in" title on.

Did you ever wonder why the largest selling cars in China are Mercedes, BMW and Audi. - Does your Buick (or similar) have have a made in the USA on the transmission even though most of the parts are made in a Shanghai plant? Ford just went into a new plant. The plants are automated, so labor costs are really not a factor.

Dick

They did show us how they made the buklels with some guy loading the san in the molds bear foot and the dumping them while wearing that real heavy duty foot wear, we used tyo call them flip flops

My belt whether it was made in USA or made somewhere else with a stamp on it is still by far the best belt I have owned. It's three years old and still looks new. I am not easy on my stuff either. The buckle is showing a bit of wear and the hole I use it stretched because I am fat and work in it. I will definitely buy another Justin belt.

They really should only let you stamp made in America if it is actually made in America.

No just more honesty would do it.

Less trickery to sell a product.

I should probably rephrase that to say it would be nice if a company could make a product and not feel they need to lie or bend the truth in order to sell more products. Especially when the reality is that very few of us actually try and buy stuff made in our own country.

I see a made in America stamp and I tend to believe that item was actually made in America.

Back