making over ugly green laminate countertops

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan897857

Reaction score
I want to make my kitchen look better wo doing a gutting job just yet. I can sand and repaint my cabinets but still left with ugly green countertops. I heard of this rustoleum kit that you can get to make them look almost like stone. Any reccommendations?

dan, save your lunch money and buy new tops. Any painted surface will evidentially scratch and scuff with use in a kitchen and will look a lot worse than the ugly green counter tops you have now. Just my :2cents:

Yeah, I thought about that.....if I redo the kitchen I will just gut it down to the studs and get new everything besides appliances since they are new. Thanks

Have room to store stuff at you house? If so watch the sales and pick up stuff for this up coming job as you can afford it.
I bought a composit stone looking double, deep bowl sink and a brand new still in the box faucet at a plumbing supplys warehouse sale for 25% off.
Picked up a Fridgedair dishwasher for 50 % off because it was a out of box demo model. All new upper and lower cabinets are on sale at Home Depot until the 28 of this month at 20% off so I'll be picking them up today.
(Not great cabinets, but there going in a house I'm flipping.)
I got a free brand new never used low boy style water heater because the people that bought the house did not want it under the stairs and wanted a bigger one put in the laundry room so they gave it to me for hauling it away for them.

Thanx for the advice ......the biggest thing for me is being confident enough to put the cabinets up myself and countertops....I may just have to bite the bullet and pay for expert install

Yeah, if you don't feel comfortable enough, getting a professional is always the best idea.

Latest posts

Back