Makita LXT405 combo

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the exact set. It has been great! Hammer drill was a new feature as my last porter cable didn't have it. Big help on concrete and masonry. I wasn't sure I would use the impact driver that much, but it is great for driving long screws or tight fits. Battey life and recharge time have been good. Pretty light relative to the power. I've had it for about 9 months and love it.

I too love the LXT line. The impact driver is my most favorite tool. I just ordered a second one! I don't have the flashlight so I cant comment on it. The saw is handy but under powered as expected for a cordless saw. Use the saw only with a freshly charged battery, go slow and do not expect it to do the job of a larger more powerful saw.

If I may, I hope no one minds - If you buy it from this link
The Handyguys Podcast Amazon Affiliate Store - Makita LXT405 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion 4 Piece Combo Kit
It will help support my podcasts and not cost you any more.

Have fun with your new tools.

These are great tools! We have a whole lot of the Makita 18-v tools - including everything in that kit. The charger is very fast, the batteries have held up great, and everything has worked marvelously. The flashlight is very handy - we've used both of ours extensively. Inside of each one is a spare bulb - just open the head and you'll find it. The impact drivers are the greatest when you have to attach metal to wood - which we do a lot of. No more need to pre-drill! We only use the circular saw sparingly - as it draws donw the battery fast and has the small diameter blade. It works very well, though. Be sure to price shop on the Internet as there are sometimes some real specials around!

Latest posts

Back