Mana Bloc Pressure Issues. Need a troubleshooting guru if one is out there.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recondoc

Reaction score
I appears that my Vanguard (Viega) Manabloc has some areas where pressure is still good and others where it is cut to a trickle. All valves still cycle, all valves are in the open position. External Hose Bibs still have full pressure (actually a bit higher than normal), Master Bath Lav has regular pressure (Hot and Cold Sides) but rest of house has restricted flow. Master Bath Lavs are top controls on pannel. Exterior Bibs are on 4 block at the bottom that appears connected but kind of separate. ManaBloc is a 26 port model with 11 hot and 15 cold. Is it possible to develop a spontaneous blockage that would cause this? Nothing gradual to this problem. Happened last night after kiddo filled a bathtub.

Are you on a well or city water? Is the manifold 1/2" pex?

First welcome to the forum.

I have a PEX manifold system but I made my own from a copper manifold and ball valves. So I don’t have any experience with Viega brand other than I looked at them when I was thinking about doing mine.

Is yours setup as a 100% homerun system and can you confirm that two of the items with restricted flow go all the way back to the manifold as one run?

If that is the case and all your valves are confirmed open and working I would say the problem is internal to manifold and something inside has clogged or moved and that’s where my knowledge of fixing these ends except to replace the whole thing.

If the run splits out in the house and the problem places are on a common run then maybe switching that run to an open location might fix it or maybe something is obstructing just that one line.

I have no idea how that Viega unit is ported inside and if several valves get fed together etc.

Hope this helps a little maybe a pro will be along.

Another thought is if the company has a help line you could ask there.

Back