Me again sorry...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Valdez

Reaction score
The pipe for the water main has a screw like end. Is that for Pex or pvc? Manufactured home in Lytle , tx

The ? is to broad and needs to be more descriptive, such as, threaded nut at the outlet or customer side of the water meter.

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Sorry? Sorry for what? Ask as many questions as you need. And you can continue the thread that you already started so all your Q&A will be in one place.

And yes, we need more specifics to get close to the right answer.

Has anyone ever seen threaded Pex?

Sorry? Sorry for what? Ask as many questions as you need. And you can continue the thread that you already started so all your Q&A will be in one place.

And yes, we need more specifics to get close to the right answer.

Has anyone ever seen threaded Pex?
I have seen a few that were screwed.

What pipe and what part of the water main?
Do you have one of these?
View attachment 21482

Lol. I'm just making a vague observation based off of the vague information that was provided. If they want a detailed answer that is much more likely to be correct then they need to provide detailed information to paint us a bigger picture, or they could ship out those crystal balls that you show in your picture (is that one made by Milwaukee?). In the original post they were talking about a threaded water pipe, not a fixture or a fitting, and galvanized is pretty common in older homes, which is an assumption. The statement has a lot of assumption based off of extrapolating from the few word that they provided to get a result and we all know how clear a picture becomes when you blow it up from a thumbnail... But if that's all they give you to get the job done then sometimes you just gotta give them the best you can do with what you are provided. The quality of their outcome in this situation is directly related to the effort that they put in. Now if I had one of those crystal balls then I wouldn't be left to guess just like everyone else! :)

The OP hasn't responded though so I'm guessing they got it resolved. I just hope they didn't resolve it by thread in a piece of PEX into a FPT fitting...

Last edited:
Lol. I'm just making a vague observation based off of the vague information that was provided. If they want a detailed answer that is much more likely to be correct then they need to provide detailed information to paint us a bigger picture, or they could ship out those crystal balls that you show in your picture (is that one made by Milwaukee?). In the original post they were talking about a threaded water pipe, not a fixture or a fitting, and galvanized is pretty common in older homes, which is an assumption. The statement has a lot of assumption based off of extrapolating from the few word that they provided to get a result and we all know how clear a picture becomes when you blow it up from a thumbnail... But if that's all they give you to get the job done then sometimes you just gotta give them the best you can do with what you are provided. The quality of their outcome in this situation is directly related to the effort that they put in. Now if I had one of those crystal balls then I wouldn't be left to guess just like everyone else! :)

The OP hasn't responded though so I'm guessing they got it resolved. I just hope they didn't resolve it by thread in a piece of PEX into a FPT fitting...
Totally understand and agree. I was saving that crystal ball for some of the OP's but haven't had an opportunity to use it. :)

That ball is a Craftsman older model. I had one just like it but with Sears going out it was hard to find parts for it. I bought a Binford 2000 and it works great for figuring out plumbing problems. Now I see Harbor Freight sells a knock off of the Binford and it finds metric and English as well as PEX. I use mine more than I use my as seen on TV flip wrench.

Most threads like this turn into some kind of a humorous get together and then in about 6 months the OP comes back and says “sorry for not getting back and I got it fixed and thanks for the help”.

That’s when I normally post the picture of the guy pulling his hair out.
:dunno:

Back