Merging multiple plumbing lines in a furnace room

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewind

Reaction score
Hello all,

First I would like to say Hi and I apologize for any incorrect terminology used.

A little background:
My fiancee and I built a house and recently took possession. We have been living in the house for about a month now.

Question:
Please see image for clarification.
In our furnace room, there are currently 4 water outlets all draining into the same area:
1. Red - Slightly acidic water coming from on demand heater. Seems to be some soft rubber tubing
2. Blue - Clear plastic rubber/plastic tubing from the Air Exchanger
3. Purple - white pvc piping from the furnace (it was have an atmospheric vent)
4. Green - same clear tubing as Air exchanger for Humidifier

I was wondering, would it be ok to merge all of these lines into the furnace's PVC Piping in order to clean up all the lines?

I don't personally think there would be an issue as long as the angles of the new PVC piping is correct and it is vented.

Can anyone provide me any feedback on this?

Thanks,
Edwin

View attachment water drainage.bmp

I would leave them separate with the merge going on at the drain as it stands.

Some of those items involve combustion condensate and others involve air handling. They really do need to be separate to avoid possible issues with carbon monoxide.

Redwood also wanted to remind you, since it is a new home, you would void any manufactures and builders warrantees if you make modifications.;)

Hey guys, Thanks for your help!!
I'll leave them the way they are.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Latest posts

Back