Mice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lawnmowers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcgill

Reaction score
Has anyone find a way to keep the mice out of the engine covers of lawnmowers/snowblower etc.:mad:

I use the stinkiest dryer sheets I can find. I use them in my camper, snowmobiles and anything that sits for longer than a month at a time.
Others use moth balls, but I can't stand the smell....and dryer sheets are easy to remove from the mufflers and sit right flat in my air cleaners.

Good luck.

I've used aluminum gutter cover mesh to block access to air filters and wrapped wires with it to stop mouse damage. I use it in the grill of my cars to keep rocks from the road from damaging the condenser in front of the radiator.

I use the stinkiest dryer sheets I can find. I use them in my camper, snowmobiles and anything that sits for longer than a month at a time.
Others use moth balls, but I can't stand the smell....and dryer sheets are easy to remove from the mufflers and sit right flat in my air cleaners.

Good luck.

All of those options are workable but nothing replaces mother nature. Get a cat or 2 and make them a home in your shed or garage (where equipment is kept). One month later you will not see any mice or rodents. They also like to eat bugs or anything small that moves.

I had this problem and thought the solution sounded crazy but it works! And greatest of all is non-toxic to us!! Take a small flat bowl or plate with lip around it.....ao they can get in it but not "fall" in it or they will be scared to go by it or try to get in. Put some block cheese in it....like a chunk Then put in some table salt, white vinegar and dawn dish soap. Stir it a little to get the salt to disolve. Leave it in the area you dont want the mice. When they eat it it will kill them. The gross part is that they will die right away so you may have to pick up and throw away dead mice :(

This also works on creeping charley! If you have this problem and boy I did...you know that NO product out there kills it. So you mix this:

2 cups table salt
1 gal white vinegar
8 drops dan dish soap
stir it a little to get the salt to disolve

put this in a spray bottle and spray the creeping charley. It will kill any grass underneath it though so you have to "re-grass" the area.

good luck!

I've used aluminum gutter cover mesh to block access to air filters and wrapped wires with it to stop mouse damage. I use it in the grill of my cars to keep rocks from the road from damaging the condenser in front of the radiator.

That sounds good! :) :rolleyes:

We had a problem with mice at a vacation home we rented recently.

I went out and got one of these "better mouse traps" and baited it with peanut butter in the garage.

It seemed to catch one mouse every few days and we never saw another one in the house. :)

better_mousetrap.jpg

I use metal mesh to block them out and it does a decent job

Back