mirrors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooky

Reaction score
i live in a small condo which has L/R long and narrow. my sister gave me four 8"x6' mirrors to hang on one of the long walls to make the room seem larger.

i cannot decide which is the best way to place them on the wall.
vertically, horizontally or diagonally?
even at tops&bottoms
or staggered
and how far apart to place them.
can anyone comment or suggest something?

I would agree and opt for vertically. I wouldn't try staggering them.

Vertically and even. It will open up the room more than horizontal placement or staggering. As for distance, it depends how much distance you have.

The problem with mirrors is, when you decide you need one, you go find it and have a place in mind to put it. When you get a gifted one, it dosen't seem to work anywhere. I have one too, I findly put up just to keep people happy.

If you do it vertically and even, then the effect is to open the room and let the light and the visual be the point.

If you get fancy, then you will be drawing attentio to the mirrors themselves, not the light or the reflected view.

It s a design issue . . . For me, I'd stay with vertical and even so you can position furniture and accessories to wrap the feel of the room. Remember, we are not in the 80's anymore!

Back