Modern Attic?

Discussion in 'Insulation and Radiant Barriers' started by bryce, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sep 29, 2013 #1

bryce

bryce

bryce

How can you make a attic roof, high ceiling like this? Doesn't it moore vents?[​IMG]

2. Sep 29, 2013 #2

AndyGump

AndyGump

AndyGump

Drawer of Homes

There are un-vented attic assembly s that can be used in vaulted ceiling like this.

And don't let anyone BS you about it being a "Hot-Roof".

There is no appreciable difference in roof life from a vented to a well designed and constructed non-vented roof types.

Andy.

3. Sep 29, 2013 #3

guyod

guyod

guyod

I would use moore vents. Maybe Roof ventilation is over exaggerated now days and it wasn't really an issue 50+ years ago and roofs didnt collapse. But if you have the roof joists open why would you not want to spend an extra $40 and 30 mins installing moore moore vents to get a cooler attic and probably a longer roof life. On a project like this. Moore vents would be my last concern during planning. If you have a more specific question let us know. What type of roof do you have now? What is your plans?

4. Oct 2, 2013 #4

bryce

bryce

bryce

Do you think i can do that here? I would close off the vent as you see it and continue the insulation and duravents.

There is metal on the roof and i looks like they cut of something from the top of the old roof so there is some venting there.
    I'm going to replace the rotten struss.

ABC_1294ss.jpg

5. Oct 6, 2013 #5

coachgeo

coachgeo

coachgeo

Remodelling

prescribed........ look forward to updates. Want to vault in my old home too.