Moisture Behind Vapor Barrier in Basement with Spray Foam

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible that the sliding door above is leaking and that's the source of water? I believe the threshold of a door is supposed to sit on top of flashing that directs any water to the outside. This flashing may be hidden by a trim board between the door threshold and the deck.
That is the suspect but we want to explore first to prove it.

I apologize for not responding back sooner. I was able to get my builder and the project manager out to the house to check it out. We were able to find where the water was coming in. The deck z flashing over the ledger board was not covered under the house wrap, especially by the sliding door to the deck. When water would hit the house and run down the channel of the sliding door, it would get behind that z flashing and onto the sheathing behind the house wrap. We put flashing tape over the z flashing to keep water from getting back there. Now, I have to remove the siding and cut out the bad portion of the sheathing and replace with a new piece, seal it up, and put the siding back up. Just waiting on a decent weather day to do so. Thanks for all your help on this. I really appreciate it.

Back