Mold in low closet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooftop91

Reaction score
Hey, just came across this forum and seems like a good place to find some answers.

As it says there is mold in a closet of a house with 2x6 T&G roof deck, no attic space at all, about a 12/12 pitch. Someone in the past added closet space about waist height from the ceiling to the floor in the upstairs loft. It seems to be since the "closet" on the floor is closed all the time there is too much moisture. So I've thought to just add a small eyebrow vent and maybe it will vent better. Although im not to sure on this since there is no attic space, will this let it vent better or let more moisture in? I know my way around the roof enough to work on it, just not necessarily to come up with a solution to the problem. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jordan

Rooftop; welcome to the site.
You haven't mentioned insulation or venting above that. You want to make sure that you don't have a roof leak. I am thinking this is vaulted ceiling, do you have insulation behind the nee wall and behind this closet?

Latest posts

Back