Mold Problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HENRYJ

Reaction score
We have a friend that has a mold problem. She has a frame home built on a slab. It has 2 stories and the I believe the air conditioner air handler is located in the attic. Mold has been getting on the furniture in her downstairs living room located on one side of her house. The return air is also in this room.
She recently purchased a de-humidifier which states it has a 50 pint capacity. The unit has to be emptied almost every day when it is located in ths room.
When she puts the dehumidifier in the den on the other side of her house she gets very little water in the unit. She does not see any water leaks nor the
house does not smell moldy.

This ptoblem has just started happening in the last several years. she noes not recall making changes to the house that could cause this problem to start.

Opinions on what could be causing the problem would be appreciated.

THanks

Welcome HenryJ:
I would first check the drain on the evaporator coil in the attic. There could be a major problem up there about to rear its ugly head.
I would clean the drain and make sure its working, then put a trap on the outside end to keep the bugs out of it.
Glenn

Time to get a professional in there to get a look. These issues in your area..Texas.. blow up fast, and in a bad way.
Not to get you alarmed, but it is a big problem .

I am not sure, but from what I learned is the A/C may need to be balanced. I read this in a mold course. I found that A/C's can sweat and this also may be causing water to drip down toward certain areas of the home.

Try looking through the A/C system. If you need more assistance hire a professional or read through the mold removal course called Mold Manuscript

It was fairly good course and did help me with my stuff, also they give a couple free course away to help you. The guys name is Maurice... does a good job at explaining things.

Back