Mornin y'all

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradthebard

I build old houses
Reaction score
Nice to meet you. I'm from Central MO.

Who am I, who am I.

Well, I've done about all of it. Carpenter, electrician, plumber, roofer, data, other duties as assigned. I am currently living in an 80 yr old home I purchased last year. I have rewired the place, put in a new service entrance, just about finished replumbing it with pex and a tankless water heater. Reroofed (well, I contracted that, I hate working on roofs). I tore out all the windows, reframed them and replaced with low e argon units. Added a full bath, main floor laundry and uncovered the hardwood. I hope to be done in a month or so and do nothing but camp and drink for about a million years. Been six or seven years since I lived in a house that wasn't under construction.

Before this I lived in a little strawbale cabin in the woods tht I built with me own two hands and a lot of sweat. I cut the frame from full round white oaks and stripped them with a draw knife. The home is about 80% reclaimed lumber. I like this house but I miss the woods a great deal. Still have the place and I'll be spending a lot of time out there over the late summer and winter.

Anyhoo, that's me. Nice to meet you!

Back