My Apologies to Swanson

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_T

Reaction score
I built my house without a Swanson Speed Square. Sure I had a carpenter's square and a try-square but I had never seen a speed square. After I began to see them in catalogs and in videos I still didn't see the need for one. Finally I realized how handy they are and I got one as an Amazon add-on to get free shipping. I find it to be so handy that I usually have it in the house rather than with my tools. I even like it's antique look, no blue plastic for me. In retrospect I don't think they existed when I built my house.

1638846934516.png

They are one of those tools you didn't know you needed it, until you had one. Once you have one, you find how damn handy they are to have in your tool box. Other tools I don't know how I got along without until I got them: angle grinder, oscillating saw, corded sawz-all, hammer drill, cordless driver, drywall screw driver, table saw.

Every project worth doing is worth a new tool.

Hard to beat a speed square.

Another tool I didn’t think I would use is the angle level thing that clamps to a post or pipe with two levels and is held there with a rubber band. My nephew gave me mine 10 years ago as a Christmas gift. Was probably 3 bucks at Harbor Freight. Thought I would never use it until I did.

Back