My rebuilt garage...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi all, here are some pics of my garage remodel. I don't have any old pics, but it was just a two car garage, oily concrete floor, with 2x4 studs and tar paper. Because of having aluminum wiring, we ripped out all the old wiring, and added a sub panel with 220 volts, all protected with GFCI plugs. We ripped out the water heater for more room, and installed it on the rear wall of the garage, controlled by remote control....

garagepics023.jpg

This is my first pic, where I lowered the ceiling 10" in order to add an upper storage floor......

mancavegarageremodel031-1.jpg

Here is the upper loft.....

garagepics009.jpg

The junk out of view...

garagepics007.jpg

Mailbox cut into the stucco to prevent mail theft....

garagepics013.jpg

Inside of mailbox drop....

garagepics015.jpg

Temporary storage cabinets....

garagepics019.jpg

Future workbench location (when I sell the Harley)....

garagepics025.jpg

Present workbench location on the back patio....

garage2005.jpg

Present workbench closed up....

garage2001.jpg

Can lights and speakers in the ceiling.....

garagepics027.jpg

Air lines routed throughout the garage and new workshop location....

garagepics031.jpg

My wife's tilework to allow water to drain out instead of in the air vent......

garagepics029.jpg

Of course, contrasting tilework for under the window, courtesy of the wife...

garagepics033.jpg

That's about it..hope you all approve so far...

So move the workbench into the garage and then store the bike in the patio............

So move the workbench into the garage and then store the bike in the patio............

Ummm, Rusty, that is my HARLEY! It don't go out with the humidity, dogs, and occasional mountain lions! Actually, the present work area is near the pool, has a nice breeze, and close to my 55" flat screen. What more can you ask for?

hey i like it ...looks great, you said you put your junk out of view in the upper storage....if that Dewalt chop saw is junk..i'll take it off your hands....lol

That Dewalt compound miter saw has been one of the best purchases I've made. It takes the guess out of those confusing crown moulding cuts and having the big blade saves from the need to double cut. They are just a bear to store anywhere except up in the "junk room!"

So, to answer your question, "NOT IN YOUR LIFE!" :D

LMAO....!!! Thats what i thought....just checkin...lol.........yah i know what you mean Dewalt and Makitta all the way...very good products...

The below picture is my Lake Havasu garage. It's not much, but before the construction began, this area was just an 5 foot deep exterior closet for chairs, tables, hoses, firewood, etc. I pulled out the door, and replaced it with a clearance window at Home Depot, which gives great ventilation. I then knocked out the back wall and opened it up to the main garage, giving me a nice area to work at. Also notice the metal target which was great for plinking .22 cal rifle rounds at while in the desert, until my son used it for an AK-47 target, which put thru and thru holes in the 1/2" steel plate!

Havasu3080.jpg

I know it's not much to look at, but the view out the window is great!

Havasu3082.jpg

And this prop cuts my leg everytime I back up too far while working in the garage!

Havasu3084.jpg

Thanks!........

Well, I finally picket my upper steel cabinets for the garage. Because it is about 102 degrees, I built them in the house, and I am waiting for cooler weather to hang them. For the time being, here they sit, in my living room!

029.jpg

very cool build and pictures havasu. I know what you mean about the heat. man I have not had the motivation to do anything lately. good luck on the cabinets. look forward to seeing more pics.:thumbsup:

I got four cabinets hung, but thought...this it too much, so I took off to play on the boat for a week at Lake Havasu. Big heat, but it's fine if you are sitting in the water with a nice cold beverage! I'll resume with the rest of the cabinets next week and will post pics.

I did it! I got the last of the cabinets hung! Almost time for the Garage Retreat sticker! Pics when I'm less lazy!

awesome. good job. what a great feeling and now a place to put all that stuff you have had stashed all over the place. :thumbsup:

You are correct, but the unfortunate fact is due to boredom, I will now begin a new project around the house. Will it be the patio or a master bathroom remodel?

I spent the entire Labor Day holiday stuffing the new cabinets. Organization before hand was poor, and I was surprised how many things I bought twice because I couldn't find the original. Two bottles of plastic dip, two bottles of carb cleaner, two bags of clean rags, two bottles of dog shampoo, two bottles of poison, etc. Now the cabinets are orderly, itemized and labelled!

You are correct, but the unfortunate fact is due to boredom, I will now begin a new project around the house. Will it be the patio or a master bathroom remodel?

If your wife is anything like mine, the bathroom is next lol.

I received confirmation from the wife that it will in fact be the bathroom. I'm hoping to buy anther vacation home in the mountains, and if so, should redirect her attention elsewhere!

my wife wants me to do the kitchen next. that will be at least a 40,000 dollar project the way she wants it :(

Back