Need advice.What color should i paint my exterior

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwcnd

Reaction score
My g.f and i have been working non stop on this house for almost 2 years inside. Now after new windows were looking to paint the exterior. She chose a s.w smoky blue with white trim and headed for vacation. I purchased a 5 and i hate it.. Now she says for me to decide. I am looking for some advice now on color selection/opinions on her selection. i am trying to upload photo at the moment..

IS-1dumz45hqzq71(1).jpg

this is back of the house and her color selection.

WIN_20150719_171913.jpg

:welcome: to House Repair Talk!

It's really, really blue...that's for sure...:eek:

What's more important, how you feel about your GF or the color of the house?

lol. It is VERY BLUE! We've been together for like 13 years so thats not really gonna be a problem... If i can choose a color and have it done before she gets back i think it'll be ok. Im just not the designer type. I don't hate the blue but its just very bold and i dont want to be "that one house" in my neighborhood..

I was personally thinking a darker grey with the white soffit and shutters.

When I was deciding on a new exterior color, I drove into a new housing development with the "other half." When we drove past a color of a home that appealed to both of us, that was the color we chose.

IMO, your G.F opt nice color paint for exterior, we also used a s.w smoky blue its looking nice. If you want to use another color for the exterior, So, you can choose any one of them :- waikiki + Rave Raisain Dry Moss + Sweet Corn Italain Olive + Pale Pearl Single Red + Pilgrim Soft chenille + Crushed Ice Silk Route + Torns of Sun Desert Sun + Orange Silk

We had a house like that in our neighborhood, we called it the smurf house. Not knocking the lady's taste; just sayin'. You could try to mute the color a bit, as oldog mentioned. Or just generally stay in the same family of color. Lowe's will mix you small sample jars of valspar paint. you could pick out a few and do some small patches on the back wall, wait for your GF to get back and make a decision together. You don't actually have to use the valspar paint...once you know the color, the other Mfrs can match it.

Back