Need help with Graco 395 st pro sprayer!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertelicia1

Reaction score
Hi all! I just bought a graco 395 st pro off a guy for fairly cheap. I know pretty much nothing about the sprayer and can't really tell if it even functions properly. I hooked a hose and gun up to it today and tried to run it with water (not paint) on prime and no water would come out of the prime hose. But when i sprayed the gun the water sprayed out normally it seemed. Motor kicked on and pumped.. So basically I'm wondering why i cant get any water to come out of the prime tube? But the sprayer seems to spray properly when i pull the trigger on the gun? Could the prime valve be stuck on spray internally ? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks. I already had that downloaded and I've read everything possible on the web related to this thing for 2 days and still cant seem to figure it out.

I've not experienced the particular problem you are, however I do not own, but rent on an extended basis, just being zapped by static electricity.

Kind of an old thread but...

It sounds like your prime valve may be bad. The part ranges from 35-85 $ depending upon how crafty you are at shopping around.
If it was stuck the other way I would make the assessment that your packings are in need of being repacked and a slight tap of a hammer could un-stick the ball to get the pump through the project.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! It did turn out to be a bad prime valve. Fixed it and it works as it should now. Thanks again for the help!!!

Awesome I love updates on how stuff turned out. :) Sucks it went out, but it happens. Glad you got it worked out.

Back